I strive to resolve disputes and solve problems for my clients effectively and efficiently.
Jennifer focuses her practice on business litigation and employment cases. Her recent commercial case experience includes an arbitration on behalf of a royalty owner that resulted in a $245 million award, an administrative hearing and subsequent appeals involving a significant state income tax dispute, and a variety of contract disputes and real property litigation. She has defended a range of employment law cases representing and counseling employers on discrimination and wage and hour issues in state and federal court, and before administrative agencies.
Jennifer has also been involved in class actions from both the plaintiffs’ and the defendants’ side, and has taken part in more than twenty trials, preliminary injunction hearings or complex administrative proceedings. In addition, she has successfully argued cases before the Ninth Circuit, and the state Supreme Courts in both Washington and Alaska.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Alaska
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- B.A., University of California, Riverside, 1982, with highest honors, Regents Scholar 1980-82, Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), 1985
Memberships & Recognition
- Recognized as a notable practitioner for litigation in Alaska by Chambers USA since 2009
- Listed in “Best Lawyers” since 2009
- Listed in “Super Lawyers” since 2007