Solving complex legal issues and winning cases requires strategy and teamwork. I bring my experience, colleagues, and industry resources together to keep my clients informed and in the driver’s seat.
Doug is an experienced litigation and contract attorney. With over 25 years of experience in construction and construction law, Doug regularly represents general contractors, subcontractors, owners, and design professionals in all aspects of construction and development including litigation and dispute resolution. Doug has a master’s degree in construction engineering and management and has also been an adjunct professor in construction law at the University of Colorado. Doug also represents clients in a wide variety of litigation and disputes, including business disputes, land and real estate, and contracts.
Doug has a range of legal experience, including working in one of the largest firms in Alaska and western states as well as being a solo practitioner. This diverse background gives Doug valuable perspective for all sorts of legal issues – big and small.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Alaska
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Colorado Boulder, J.D. 2001
- University of Colorado Boulder, M.S. 1999
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst B.S. 1990
Memberships & Recognition
- Alaska Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- The Associated General Contractors of Alaska
The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Construction Law: Contract clauses managing, allocating and transferring construction project risks
Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law Fourth Edition: Alaska Chapter