I help clients understand their goals and problems and develop practical solutions.
Bob focuses on representing local, regional, and national businesses respecting sales and acquisitions, security, lending, and other contractual relationships and commercial transactions; real estate sales, leasing, financing and development; corporate, LLC and partnership organization and operation; and bankruptcy. Many of his clients are Alaska Native corporations facing issues unique to Native corporations.
Bob has presented continuing education programs on ANCSA, commercial real estate leasing, secured transactions, and bankruptcy matters.
Bob created and maintains, as a primary resource for information about Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (“ANCSA”), the ANCSA Resource Center.
Bob is an active Rotarian. He enjoys traditional American music and dance and sea kayaking.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Alaska
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- University of Michigan, B.G.S., 1974, with high distinction
- University of Michigan, J.D., 1976, cum laude
Memberships & Recognition
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Alaska State Bar
- Member, Business Law Section (former co-chairman)
- Member, Alaska Native Law Section
- Member, Real Estate Section
- Member, Bankruptcy Section
- American Bar Association
- Member, Business Law Section
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section