Honed communication skills meet subject matter expertise.
Leslie enjoys practicing law because it is a helping profession. She strives to get to know her clients and understand their legal needs so she can provide thorough and thoughtful solutions.
She has extensive litigation experience, including complex litigation, and a knack for conflict resolution.
Leslie previously worked as a law clerk for U.S. Magistrate Judge John D. Roberts, The Alaska Attorney General’s Office, and Alaska Superior Court Judge Vanessa White. Leslie focuses her practice on Civil Litigation, Municipal Law, Alaska Native Law, and Business Law.
Admitted to Practice
- Kansas State University, B.S. History Education, 2003
- University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D., 2007
- Native American Law Certificate
- Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Certificate
- Energy Law Journal, Executive Notes and Comments Editor
- Energy Bar Association Year In Review Editor
Memberships & Recognition
- Alaska Bar Association
- Member, Alaska Native Law Section
- Member, Municipal Law Section
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Planning Committee
- New Lawyer Liaison, Board of Governors 2012-2014
- American Bar Association
- 2012-2013 Young Lawyer Division Public Service Committee
- Anchorage Bar Association
- Leadership Anchorage 2011 Graduate, Alaska Humanities Forum
Curiosity and Carbon: Examining the Future of Carbon Sequestration and the Accompanying Jurisdictional Issues as Outlined in the Indian Energy Title of the 2005 Energy Policy Act, Energy Law Journal, Vol. 27, 2006 (published under maiden name).
Transgendered in Alaska: Navigating the Changing Legal Landscape for Change of Gender Petitions [PDF], Alaska Law Review, December 2009 (co-author).
The Scope and Constitutional Implementation of Municipal Taxes, Co-Presenter at 2016 Alaska Municipal Attorneys Association Annual Conference
Alaska Marijuana Taxation: The Latest Rules, Co-presenter at 2016 Marijuana Business Law in Alaska CLE