I pursue fair and just outcomes through deep understanding and effective communication.
Before joining Landye Bennett Blumstein, David worked as an assistant attorney general in the Alaska Department of Law’s Civil Division. As an assistant attorney general, David built experience in appellate, environmental, and Alaska Native law. David has argued in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and Alaska Supreme Court and has represented the State of Alaska in environmental enforcement matters and litigation. David is a lifelong Alaskan.
David clerked at the Alaska Supreme Court for Justice Daniel E. Winfree.
Admitted to Practice
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Alaska
- University of Alaska Fairbanks, B.S., 2009, summa cum laude
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
- Seattle Journal of Environmental Law, Editor in Chief
Memberships & Recognition
- Alaska Bar Association
- Bar Exam Tutor
- Member, Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- 2nd/4th Judicial Districts Representative, Board of Governors, 2016-2017
- New Lawyer Liaison, Board of Governors, 2014-2016
- American Bar Association
- Alaska Young Lawyer Delegate, House of Delegates, 2016