Experience and creativity help me accomplish clients’ goals.
Kirsten brings over 20 years of experience handling real estate related legal matters for corporate clients of all sizes as well as individuals. Her work as both a private attorney and as the former Vice President and General Counsel of PacTrust (Pacific Realty Associates, L.P.) has given Kirsten both a strategic focus and first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day legal issues that her clients face.
Her experience includes real estate company management responsibilities, dispute assessment, negotiating and managing regulatory environmental compliance agreements and other legal/business questions and issues faced by real estate companies. While at PacTrust, Kirsten handled a 16 million square foot national portfolio of office, retail and industrial commercial real estate. Kirsten continues to represent a variety of clients on commercial real estate matters and maintains a national practice in leasing, acquisition/disposition, development and financing of regional shopping centers and other retail properties, Class A office buildings and industrial properties.
Kirsten has held leadership positions in numerous associations of Real Estate Professionals, including CREW Network.
With over 20 years of experience handling real estate legal matters for corporate and individual clients, Kirsten really enjoys helping her clients resolve problems and accomplish their goals. She enjoys counseling and mentoring clients on risks vs. opportunities.
Creative, optimistic and resolution-focused, she enjoys business and the law. If she could live anywhere, she would live on the Oregon coast or in the Rockies. If Kirsten wasn’t a lawyer, she would like to be the business side of a start-up, teaming with creative geniuses. When she’s not at work, she enjoys being with her family, dragon boating and doing anything outdoors.
Admitted to Practice
- UC Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1993
- Associate Note Editor and Director of Writing Competition, Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal
- Tufts University, B.A., Dean's List, Economics, 1988
- Brunnsviks Folkhögskola, Ludvika, Sweden, 1986 – 1987
Memberships & Recognition
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as "America's Leading Real Estate Lawyers," 2016 – 2017
- Impact Northwest (fka Portland Impact) Board of Directors, 2007 – 2013 and 2017 - present; Vice Chair, 2009; Chair, 2010 - 2013
- Economic Development Policy Expert Group for Portland Comprehensive Plan Update, 2012
- Multnomah County Business Advisory Council, 2011 - 2013
- Oregon State Bar Corporate Counsel Section Executive Committee, 2006 - 2008; 2011 - 2012
- Oregon Uniform Covenants Act Work Group, Member, 2010 - 2011
- Association of Corporate Counsel; Oregon Chapter Executive Board, 2008 - 2010
- CREW Network (formerly National Network of Commercial Real Estate Women), 1994 - present; Board of Directors CREW-San Francisco, 1996 – 1999
- SOLVE Oregon Board of Directors, 2012 - 2015; Secretary and Executive Committee, 2013 - 2015; Strategic/Special Projects, 2015
- Lake Oswego High School Advisory Committee, 2015 - 2017
- Social Venture Partners Portland, 2003 - 2009; Investee Lead Partner and Co-Creator, Parental Engagement Program, 2005 - 2008; Partner, 2011 - present
- Tufts Alumni Admissions Program, 2004; 2006 – 2009