Experience and practical efficiency help me solve clients’ problem.
Karna Gustafson’s practice focuses on representation of developers of residential real estate projects, including condominiums and planned unit developments, and representation of condominium and other homeowner associations. Karna has been an active member of the national, state, and local homebuilders associations and currently serves on the Oregon state Homebuilder’s Association board and its executive committee.
Karna heads Landye Bennett Blumstein’s busy collection department, limited to collection of assessments on behalf of condominium and other homeowner associations.
Karna most enjoys solving her clients’ problems with practical, cost-effective solutions. She specializes in residential real estate development, including condos and PUDs. Efficiency and extensive experience in her practice area are fundamental to her drive to obtain the best possible outcomes for her clients.
When she’s not working, Karna enjoys politics, camping and raising her child. If she wasn’t a lawyer, she would enjoy being a lobbyist.
Admitted to Practice
- James Madison University, B.S., 1990, summa cum laude, Phi Kappa Phi
- Willamette University, J.D., 1994, cum laude, Phi Alpha Delta
Memberships & Recognition
- Homebuilder Association of Metropolitan Portland (Director 2000, 2002-2006)
- Oregon Homebuilders Association, Director (2006-present)
- National Association of Homebuilders, Director (2004-2016)
- Federal Governmental Affairs Committee (2005-2007, 2009)
- Community Associations Institute
- Member, Legislative Action Committee, President, Oregon Chapter (2001)
- College of Community Association Lawyers
- Portlandia Club, President (1999)
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- National Association of Industrial and Office Parks
- Oregon, Washington, and American Bar Associations