James Fisher has substantial experience in the aviation industry. James is a commercial pilot and flight instructor, and teaches aviation law as an adjunct professor at Willamette University College of Law.
Prior to joining Landye Bennett Blumstein LLP, James worked in Washington, D.C. as an attorney for the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Office of Aviation Enforcement and Proceedings. Prior to law school, James worked as an aviation insurance claims representative for a large aviation insurance company.
James’ aviation experience also includes assisting with the building of a composite experimental aircraft and with the maintenance on an experimental aircraft he previously owned, flight instructing, and flying an amphibious ultralight aircraft as a demonstration pilot. Also, James obtained his undergraduate degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, a school focused on the aviation and aerospace industries.
Admitted to Practice
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, B.S., 2003, magna cum laude
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude
Memberships & Recognition
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Oregon Pilots Association
- Columbia Aviation Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice