I thrive by accomplishing my client’s best possible results.
David Bennett is the senior member of the real estate department at Landye Bennett Blumstein, where he has practiced since graduating from law school in 1971. He has extensive experience representing clients in real estate transactions and in real estate-related business matters, including residential and commercial real estate development, real estate financing, income taxation affecting real estate transactions, acquisitions, sales, and leasing.
One of the first lawyers in Oregon to devote a substantial part of his practice to representing the developers of condominiums, David has long played a leading role in efforts to modernize and improve Oregon’s Condominium and Planned Community Acts. In addition to his work representing developers, David is an active member of the firm’s condominium and homeowner association practice group.
David has written or co-authored numerous articles on real estate-related matters, including key portions of the Oregon State Bar’s Continuing Legal Education publications on condominiums, planned unit developments, and homeowner associations.
As the senior member of the real estate department, David really enjoys helping his clients understand their situations and achieving the best possible results. His practical, skillful questioning helps accomplish their goals, whether in residential or commercial development, financing, tax implications, or other real estate matters. When he’s not practicing law, David enjoys writing poetry and essays, cooking for family and friends, and playing tennis. If he could live anywhere in the world, he would stay in Portland, and visit other places. If he couldn’t practice law, he would like to be a successful writer.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Linfield College, B.A., 1963
- Willamette University, J.D., 1971, cum laude, Delta Theta Phi
Memberships & Recognition
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Member, Real Estate and Land Use Section
- College of Community Association Lawyers, Fellow
- West Side Economic Alliance, Board of Directors (1995-2014)
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2006-2013)
- Best Lawyers in America (2005-2014)
- Oregon Super Lawyers (2007-2014)