Elliott P. Dale works primarily with privately-held businesses and their owners. He enjoys getting to know and staying connected with clients and being an easy-to-access resource to solve problems and help position them for success.
As a general business attorney focused on providing practical, hands-on, and business-oriented solutions, he assists clients to identify and prioritize issues, opportunities, and risks, and involves other professionals as necessary to enable decision-making and forward progress.
His work most often involves assisting clients in navigating operational questions; making complex business decisions and vetting opportunities; setting human resources strategy and policy and resolving tactical employee issues; negotiating contracts and issues with vendors; launching new business ventures; buying, selling and financing businesses or business units; buying, selling and leasing personal property and real estate; protecting intellectual property and trademarks; sidestepping or resolving disputes; understanding and planning around tax issues; and business succession and estate planning needs. In addition, Elliott enjoys consulting with clients and contacts on novel or complex business and personal legal issues of all sorts to identify resources, choices and next steps.
Elliott is a husband and father to three, and focuses his community involvement toward advancing inclusion of persons experiencing disability in all aspects of society and economic development/empowerment of small businesses from underrepresented communities.
Admitted to Practice
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, Evening Division Portland, OR; Dec. 2011
Louis Schnitzer Memorial Scholarship recipient; Dean's Scholarship; Vice President, Employment Law Society, Maintained full-time employment, finished in 3.5 years
- M.B.A., Willamette University, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, Salem, OR; 2005
Butler Scholarship; President, Atkinson Marketing Association; Intern, Portland Venture Group; Research Assistant, Oregon Ethics in Business program
- B.A., University of Oregon, School of Architecture and Allied Arts Eugene, OR; 2000
Major in Planning, Public Policy, and Management; Minors in Japanese & Political Science
Memberships & Recognition
- Family and Community Together (FACT) Oregon – Board Chair (2018-Present), Board Member (2015-Present)
- Down Syndrome Network of Oregon – Board Member (2018-Present), Volunteer Organizer
- IDEA/Special Education Dispute Resolution Committee, Oregon Department of Education – Parent Representative (2014-Present)
- Willamette University Alumni Association – Board Member (2015-2018)
- Leadership Lake Oswego (Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce) – Tri-Chair (2014-2015), Participant (2013-2014)
- Young Professionals of Lake Oswego – Board Member (2013-2015)
- Startup Weekend Access in Portland, Startup Weekend – Volunteer Mentor (June 2014)
- Junior Achievement – Volunteer Module Instructor, Cleveland High School, (Winter 2014, 2015), Cesar Chavez School (Fall 2013)
- Panel Moderator/Presenter, What does the New Tax Legislation Mean for your Business?, Buckley Law (May 2018)
- Co-Presenter, Preparing to Sell your Business, Advanced Small Business Cohort, PCC/SBDC CLIMB Center (Nov. 2017)
- Presenter, “Critical Legal Concepts for Business Owners”, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (Sep. and Oct. 2014)
- Panelist, “Small Business Legal Issues”, Learn + Network Event, Business Outreach Program at Portland State University (July 2014)
- Presenter, “Critical Legal Concepts for Business Owners”, Young Professionals of Lake Oswego (Feb.2014)
- Guest Lecturer, Entrepreneurship and Hospitality Management courses, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Portland Campus (Multiple occasions in 2013, 2014)
- Presenter, “Homeowners Associations from a Realtor’s Perspective” Salem Association of Realtors (2011)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member, Corporate Counsel Section – Chair (2019), Chair-elect(2018), Executive Committee (2016-Present)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Member (2004-Present), SPHR (2009-2012)